In your blog post #10, you will deal with the vocabulary related to health and illness, healthy lifestyle, eating habits and food.
First off, take a look at some resources in your coursebooks to explore the vocabulary from your wordlist:
- English Vocabulary in Use. Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate: Units 54, 55, 58, 59
- English Vocabulary in Use. Upper-Intermediate and Advanced: Units 43, 48
- English Collocations in Use: Units 23, 27, 57
- Oxford Word Skills. Intermediate: Units 16, 17, 20, 24, 25
- Oxford Word Skills. Advanced: Units 13, 20
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Unit 56
- Oxford Word Skills: Idioms and Phrasals: Unit 34
For better understanding and further practice, check out these exercises:
1. Quiz 1
2. Quiz 2
3. Quiz 3
Get the taste of cooking vocabulary HERE.
Read this article and observe the usage of active vocabulary in context. If you come across collocations that you like or that seem interesting to you, add them to your wordlist.
For your blogpost, you have to design a health magazine cover using Canva and write an article. The name of the article should be presented on the cover together with the names of other features. The topic of your article has to be related to health issues. Here are some options:
- Is Alternative Medicine Our Future?
- What Makes A Good Doctor?
- Is It Possible To Eat Healthy On A Budget?
- Students' Mental Health
Requirements to the text: 150-200 words, 20-25 items of active vocabulary.
A rough example: