In your blog post #14, you will have to focus on the vocabulary related to the topic "History. Peace and Conflict" as well as to study a number of phrases used to talk about cause and effect, success and failure.
|Image source: personalexcellence.com|
To begin with, explore the vocabulary from your wordlist in more detail using your coursebooks:
- English Vocabulary in Use. Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate: Unit 84
- English Vocabulary in Use. Upper-Intermediate and Advanced: Unit 65
- English Collocations in Use: Units 38, 52, 53
- English Collocations in Use. Advanced: Units 39 (B), 53
- Oxford Word Skills. Intermediate: Units 39, 40
- Oxford Word Skills. Advanced: Units 37, 43 (A)
- English Idioms in Use. Intermediate: Unit 6
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Unit 68
For your blog post, think of an important event (conflict, discovery, victory etc.), a phenomenon (civil movement, suffrage, development in a certain sphere, e.g. Industrial revolution etc.) or a historic figure that is particularly interesting for you.
In your blog post, in about 180-200 words describe why you are interested in the chosen event, phenomenon or person. Present important details (at least 6) in a timeline using this tool and paste it in your blog. In both, your post and timeline, make use of 20-25 items of active vocabulary.
A very rough example: