In your blog post #12, you will have the opportunity to try on the role of a newsmaker using vocabulary o the topic "Media. News. Celebrity".
For better understanding of the material of your wordlist, explore new words and expressions used in context in your coursebooks:
- English Vocabulary in Use. Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate: Units 74, 75
- English Vocabulary in Use. Upper-Intermediate and Advanced: Unit 53
- English Collocations in Use: Units 36, 60
- English Collocations in Use. Advanced: Units 42
- Oxford Word Skills. Advanced: Unit 50 (B)
- English Idioms in Use. Intermediate: Units 25
- English Phrasal Verbs in Use: Units 45, 46
- Oxford Word Skills: Idioms and Phrasals: Unit 36
More collocations from news stories can be found in this quiz.
For your blog post, you will have to:
1) write a news article about a recent event held at the university or at our department (up to 100 words).
2) write an interview with a person who organised or took part in the event (up to 100 words). You can actually interview this person and present his/her answers using the active vocabulary (20-25 items in general for both tasks).
Remember to insert pictures and/or videos.