Your first blog post will have to do with the topic "Techniques and Strategies of Vocabulary Building". A number of practical tips on this issue can be found here. In addition, you should carefully study these tips on organising your vocabulary in a lexical notebook.
Apart from that, you can find more advice and guidelines in the following coursebooks:
- English Vocabulary in Use. Pre-Intermediate and Intermediate: Units 1-2
- English Vocabulary in Use. Upper-Intermediate and Advanced: Units: 2-3
- English Collocations in Use. Intermediate: Units 1-2
- English Collocations in Use. Advanced: Unit 5
In your blog post you will have to accomplish the following task:
Based on the information about organising vocabulary, choose a text on any topic, select and put down vocabulary from it in your lexical notebook. In your blog post:
1. In around 100 words sum up techniques for organising vocabulary you find the most useful and would like to use while keeping your lexical notebook.
2. Insert the link to the text you have chosen or paste the text with mentioning its source.
3. Put down the list of vocabulary items you have selected. Remember that your list needs to contain individual words, collocations, phrasal verbs and idioms and include 20 items in general.
4. Organise selected vocabulary in your lexical notebook using the techniques you have described in 1 or any other that you find relevant. Try to use different approaches!
5. Take pictures of your lexical notebook pages with vocabulary from the text and paste them in your blog post.